Scrubs and a Calculator: Christmas 2011

January 7, 2012

Christmas 2011

Dave and I had an excellent Christmas. It was unlike any other. Not in the fact that it was excellent, but in it’s uniqueness. It was much different than either of our families’ traditional Christmas festivities, but was the beginning to of some of our own traditions.

I had to work the couple days prior to Christmas, including Christmas Eve. I was absolutely thrilled because at my previous job I was supposed to work Christmas Eve and Christmas. I was ecstatic when I found out I had Christmas off at my new job- a much better schedule than I had anticipated.  I remember three years ago when I worked my first Christmas. It was sad to miss Christmas with my family, but everything gets put into perspective when I see parents at work watching their baby fight for their life and I realize I don’t have it so bad. I am so blessed and probably see the true meaning of Christmas in a different way than if I were at home with family.  Everything changed though when I got married. I have accepted the fact that I work holidays, and I’m fine with that, but I feel so bad because it now it impacts Dave too. Me missing the holidays with family also means Dave misses the holidays too.

I was so impressed with Dave because he took matters into his own hands. He decided that we should still have a nice Christmas Eve, even though it would just be the two of us.  He made us a delicious turkey dinner complete with strawberry shortcake for dessert- which we both love. It was nothing short of impressive. He even remembered to set the table with our Christmas linens and everything. After dinner, Dave read us the story of Christ’s birth out of the Bible and then I headed to work. Dave and I love cinnamon rolls. Dave decided we should have cinnamon rolls for our Christmas morning breakfast. He not only made sure we had cinnamon rolls, but wanted homemade ones so he whipped out the bread maker and made the dough from scratch and all. They were absolutely delicious! He also made homemade smoothies which are another favorite around here. I’m so thankful that Dave made sure we still had a nice Christmas Eve and Christmas despite me being somewhat MIA.

We then hopped in the car and headed to Oregon to see Dave’s family. We spent a very short 24 hours in Oregon, but I’m so glad we were able to make it. This was my first Christmas with the Morris family as last year we celebrated with my family. It was a wonderful Christmas day. We had fun laughing, exchanging gifts, and celebrating.  DSC_0288

IMG_0179[1]

On the 26th, in true Morris fashion there was a tennis match. I still don’t know how to play tennis (one of these days I’ll learn) so I watched and was thoroughly entertained. Nate and Becky dominated! They are pretty good.

STP64549

STP64552

STP64554

STP64553

STP64560

Thanks for a Merry Christmas Morris family!

DSC_2220

DSC_0261[1]

DSC_2219

No comments: