Scrubs and a Calculator: Liz’s Birthday, America’s Birthday & Summertime Favorites

September 16, 2011

Liz’s Birthday, America’s Birthday & Summertime Favorites

Dave and I spent 5 days in St. George this summer and had a blast. It was a MUCH needed vacation for the both of us.  I had been working 2 jobs full-time while frequently switching back and forth between night and day shifts. Dave was also working full-time and studying for his first of 4 CPA tests. His first test was supposed to be the hardest and he put a ton of time into preparing for it. This trip came at just the right time. The weekend started off ringing in my birthday.  Dave made me breakfast in bed, we visited the local farmer’s market (which was a little lame by the time we got there) and went shopping . We spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool. I relaxed and read a book by one of my favorite authors while Dave continued to study for his test. I think I definitely got the better end of that one. My family came up that night and joined us for dinner. It was so nice of them to drive quite a ways just to celebrate with me.  We went to the pizza factory which was delicious. The waiter knew it was my birthday. Instead of the traditional birthday dessert they bring you a pizza with peperoni’s on it. Mine had a giant 19 on it because the waiter thought I was celebrating my 19th birthday. Classic. We finished the night off with ice cream birthday cake which is my favorite. It was a great birthday!STP63733

STP63737

STP63738

STP63742

STP63743

STP63740

STP63745

STP63746

STP63759

STP63760

STP63763

The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. St. George was a fun place to celebrate it. There was a huge carnival in the morning. There were rides, food booths, karaoke, craft booths, water games, a hot dog eating contest and much more. The hot dog eating contest was no Nathans, but very entertaining. There were three men who were definitely not first timers. They each had their own technique. One man ate two hot dogs at a time (bun and all) the entire contest. Quite impressive.  Unluckily, we saw the winner throwing up in a trash can on our way out. Can’t say I was surprised, but so gross!

4th

STP63765

STP63766

STP63767

That night there was a concert and fireworks show. We went to the concert and then went back to watch the fireworks at my grandma’s house. Her house is on the ridge overlooking the valley. It was a perfect view for seeing the fireworks!

B & W

STP63775

The rest of the vacation was spent relaxing by the pool, barbequing, and enjoying summertime.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Looks like a nice relaxing vacation. Glad you got to do a little relaxing in your busy summer!