Scrubs and a Calculator: New Car & San Francisco

November 18, 2011

New Car & San Francisco

My parents and sister Amy came into town to see Dave & I. We really enjoyed visiting with them and we’re so happy they were able to come and see our new home. On Friday night, we hung out at our place and played games. Dave, Amy and I stayed up way too late trying to finish the Super Mario game we started last Christmas on our Wii. We are officially stumped on the last castle. Dave encouraged us by pointing out that we were capable of beating the game because his young nephews, Landon and Davis, beat it months ago.  Maybe we’ll have to get tips from Landon and Davis at Christmas because we could not figure it out. We also went to Pinkberry to get frozen yogurt. I love Pinkberry! It is one of the reasons I was excited to move to California- embarrassing to admit, but it’s true.

On Saturday, we headed down to Santa Cruz and bought Dave a new car!!! He was pretty excited because he found exactly what he was looking for and the car is in excellent condition. He got a 2009 Honda Accord. It is black with a black leather interior. Great find Dave! In true Newson and Morris fashion- we are now the proud owners of 2 Hondas. Between our 2 families we have 14 Hondas. I’d say we’re pretty loyal to the Honda brand. P1020391

STP64435

Saturday night we headed to San Francisco. My Dad is very familiar with San Francisco and made an excellent tour guide. I was surprised at how well he knew his way around. Definitely appears to be more of a local than Dave and I. We will have to bring him to San Francisco again when he is feeling better.  We walked around Pier 39 and saw all of the fun shops. My parents treated us to a nice seafood dinner as a congratulations to Dave for passing his CPA tests! Congrats Dave! He passed all of his tests with flying colors on the first time. All of his hard studying from 5-8 every morning for the last 5 months paid off.  With the help of EY, he is well on his way to getting all of his hours to make the CPA title official:) We also went to downtown San Francisco which I would love to go back to. Such a fun atmosphere. It reminded me a lot of Times Square in NYC. The biggest disappointment was definitely the Golden Gate Bridge. We went to see it and the lights were turned off. Big let down. Hopefully next time it won’t disappoint.

P1020409

P1020406

P1020418

STP64439

On Sunday, we went to church and then headed to Oakland as that is where everyone was flying out of. We stopped at the Oakland temple and Dave showed us around his old stomping grounds. I can’t wait to go back to the Oakland temple once all of the Christmas decorations are up. After we dropped my family off at the airport, Dave and I had a few hours before his flight so we headed to Lake Merritt. We decided to walk around the lake. It is 3.5 miles around the lake so it took a while, but was enjoyable. It was a beautiful day for being outside. I was so sad when I dropped Dave at the airport because I knew I had to go home to an empty house. STP64446

STP64448

STP64451

STP64456

STP64461Thanks for coming and visiting mom, dad, and Amy! We had a great time exploring our new city with you!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Congrats on the new car Dave - not sure if I ever told you!

Landon and Davis "beat" the Mario game after several attempts with Shane there. Shane may be the real person you need to talk to. :)